Folders can be created directly under the Asset node in the Finder, as well as in any folder. Folders cannot be created under the Sites icon in the Finder, but can be created under an individual site, either directly, or under any section or folder.
To create a folder, click the New Folder icon . The new folder is added to the Finder:
- If you have an asset or a page selected, the folder is created as a sibling of the selected item (in other words, within the current folder or section).
- If you have a folder or a section or site selected, the folder is created as a child of the selected item (in other words, within the selected folder, section, or site). Note that you cannot create a folder in the Sites node.
When a folder is created, it is assigned the default name "New-Folder", but the name of the folder in the Finder is opened so you can edit the name. In the future, you can edit the folder name by double-clicking on the folder and opening the Folder Properties dialog. Some characters are known to cause issues with published URLs on some systems. To assist you in avoiding problems, we have identified a number of characters that are invalid and a few others which are not recommended in a published URL. Invalid characters are automatically stripped from the field as they are typed or pasted in. Characters that are not recommended are either stripped from the field or replaced by a "-" character when initially typed in, but you can go back and retype or paste the character in if you are sure you want to use it.
The following invalid characters are automatically omitted from the folder name:
- characters that are not valid in file names on Microsoft Windows operating systems: \ / : * ? " < > |
- characters that are not safe in URLs:
- # (hash, pound, or octothorpe; used in HTML anchors);
- ; (semicolon; used to append jsession IDs to URLs); and
- % (percent sign; used to encode or escape characters in URLs).
Enter the new name and press the <Enter> key to save it.